The Computer Science and Engineering program combines a rigorous education in computer science with added emphasis on the physical and architectural underpinnings of modern computer system design. With a background that spans computer science and computer engineering, our graduates are able to address computing systems across the hardware-software spectrum. The objective of the degree is to produce a well-rounded and well-balanced graduate who can use Computer Science tools to solve real world problems. In designing the course, the requirements of IEEE and standards laid down by American, Canadian, British and Indian universities and institutes have been taken into consideration. The aim of the Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) is to enable innovation through research, advance educational programs in CSE and ICT fields and facilitate enrichment of CSE human resources- the students, faculty and staff, thereby establishing itself as a center of excellence at the national and international level.
The Department believes that student learning is the top priority and we work hard to offer our students a high standard of engineering education to achieve their fullest potential. Our students will develop their technology skills, their individual talents, sharpen their critical thinking and we are working hard to make Pundra University of Science & Technology, especially the department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), as the Center of Excellence in Engineering and Technology Education & Research by working with the students in studies as well as in applied research.
- 1. To provide high quality state of the art education and knowledge in Computer Science and Engineering to produce competent engineers, capable of solving real-world problems to meet the needs of industry and society.
- 2.To contribute towards the creation of new knowledge through eminence research and innovation in CSE and allied fields to address emerging national and global issues for wellbeing of the society.
- 3.Enhance Industry Institute Interaction program to get acquainted with corporate culture.
- 4.To enable students in attaining required ethics with an attitude of entrepreneurial skills, ethical values and social consciences.
- 5.To embed leadership qualities amongst the students to follow successful professional career paths and to pursue advanced studies in computer engineering and a life-long learner in cutting edge developments in the field of computing and IT.
Objectives of the Program:
To become a prominent department, Computer Science & Engineering is producing skilled and competent professionals in the field of Computer Science & Engineering with research and innovation skills, inculcating high moral values and societal concerns to meet the national and global needs through creative research and innovations. Inspired by the mission of the university, the department of Computer Science and Engineering is striving to create a breed of students who can imagine boldly, think clearly, argue precisely and implement efficiently.